We are now opening up for auditions! As we come close to finishing up our first full-length, we want to start getting ready to take our act to the stage.
We are looking for versatile, multi-talented, & professional musicians. We are currently auditioning for the roles of bass and rhythm guitar (more auditions may be opening up soon). You will be expected to have your own gear and transportation. Please see other qualifications below:
- Comfortable with both contemporary picking styles and classical finger-style
- Comfortable switching between these styles, and adapting to new techniques that fit the music
- May be asked to step in for leads when necessary
- Finger-style is preferred, but different hybrid variations of picking/finger-style are also appreciated
- 5-string bass is required
- Comfortable playing multiple styles of music
- Comfortable with unusual song structures, switching time signatures (including odd-time), and modulating key signatures
We are NOT looking for: People who bring alcohol or drugs into the practice room (no, you do not play just as well with it), unreliable/flaky people, or people with ego issues
This will not start off as a collaborative project. You’ll need to start learning the current repertoire, but we still want to see you put your own style and feel into it. If good relationships form and the chemistry works, we’d love to see how things evolve down the road.
We are not concerned about your age, what you look like, or what kind of gear you prefer. We are looking for people with skill, passion, and professionalism. Players who share our passion for progressive music are welcome!
If you’re interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can arrange both in-person and video auditions.